Mayo Clinic TalksView all posts »
#19: The hormonal dilemma: Unraveling an "acute confusional state"Nov 28, 2012 00:00 EST
Where do things stand with hormone-replacement therapy? Dr Sharon Mulvagh joins Dr Bernard Gersh to shine light on the notoriously complicated data—including the HERS, WHI, KEEPS, and DOPS trials—and show why the trial results are not as contradictory as they might appear.
Drs Gersh and Mulvagh have no relevant financial disclosures.
- New WHI analysis links HRT to atrial fibrillation
- Debate reignites on HRT for chronic disease prevention
- HRT cuts CVD by 50%, latest "unique" data show
- KEEPS: HRT improves symptoms in newly menopausal women without apparent CV harm
- Early menopause doubles CVD risk regardless of race