Private practice with Dr Seth BilazarianView all posts »
Welcome to Practioner's Corner Video BlogFeb 2, 2009 18:11 EST
Welcome to the first edition of Practitioners Corner a new video blog on theheart.org. I am Dr. Seth Bilazarian a clinical and interventional cardiologist in suburban Massachusetts and I was asked to host this blog dealing with issues relevant to practicing physicians and private practice.
The concept of this blog is to discuss issues about implementation of new and old therapies and diagnostics. My hope is that this forum will be relevant to practicing cardiologists. Theheart.org has many other blog and Website presentations which provide a wealth of up to the minute news and information for physicians.
The purpose of this blog is to discuss how these new therapies, new diagnostics and new strategies are being implemented and how they fit in with older strategies.
- Are the predictions by academic leaders and pundits and industry really what’s happening in practices?
- Are the new strategies being adopted?
- Are physicians experiencing impediments to adoption such as issues with pharmacy benefits managers’ acceptance of new drug therapies?
- Are there restrictions by hospitals to adoption of new devices?
- Are your patients reticent to proceed with recommended therapy due to information they have obtained from the media or elsewhere?
I hope that his forum will invite a lively discussion about differences in implementation and be a source for potential problem-solving by different physicians serving different communities and geographies both around the U. S. and around the globe. In the best case, this forum will be the internet equivalent of the information exchanged between colleagues on the bus ride from the hotel to the convention center at the heart meetings: Answering the question – How do you handle that problem in your practice?