Publisher's blogView all posts »
Building a Better Site for Healthcare ProfessionalsMay 22, 2008 00:05 EDT
We are launching theheart.org 2.0, leveraging the latest in online community technologies to take theheart.org to the next level. We have always been an innovator, and over the nine years since its launch theheart.org has become the most trusted source for cardiology news, commentary and continuing medical education on the web. This new version of theheart.org is a complete rethinking of how information is presented, allowing our members to personalize and prioritize content so they can access and comment on that information wherever and whenever they want.
But, what hasn’t changed is the quality and depth of the news coverage and content offering.
What is changing?Here are a few of the highlights we are proud to present in Phase One of the roll-out:
- The layout - theheart.org 2.0 layout will be a dramatic departure. Though it will still focus on breaking news it will also be more visual, more dynamic and allow members easier access to the rich content on theheart.org.
- Clinical conditions and communities of practice - we’ll be implementing personalizable homepages for major clinical conditions to make it easier for members to find all the content associated with the conditions that interest them. We’re also creating communities of practice where professionals can find information and exchange views specific to their practice. The first of these is the Fellows Corner launching with the initial release of theheart.org 2.0.
- Discussion and commentary - soon members will be able to attach comments and instantly create a discussion thread to almost any piece of content. This is a feature members have been requesting, and will help generate more discussion around important issues. Another new feature we will be adding is the ability to attach video comments.
- Thought Leader and Peer blogs - new to the site is a cutting edge video blogging system that will allow thought leaders to create their own minisites within theheart.org and comment on the news, other commentary or external content in real time. That means commentary and analysis that is even more timely and pertinent. Many of our members are already familiar with Dr Eric Topol’s popular blog “Topolog”.
- Even more exclusive content - theheart.org 2.0 will feature even more exclusive editorial series and new content developed through academic partnerships with leading institutions.
Coming for a roll-out this fall This fall we’ll be adding even more new functionality to the site. Here are a few of the new features: RSS feeds - Podcasts - THO for mobile. - Taking theheart.org 2.0 to the next level
The next 6 months will be an exciting time for theheart.org as we are going to take it to the next level. We hope you’ll visit often and let us know what you think. You can leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.